Sunday, January 29, 2012

60 Days...

"Two months."

It was a gift. I knew so then; but the meaning of it, the heart of it, seemed to creep up as quickly and quietly as the deadline itself.

"Two months to explore, and then decide."

It was a gift I did my best to use, and dearly hope it wasn't squandered. It will be difficult returning with so little to offer.

The task posed by Mistress seemed, at least on its surface, to be an easy one. Meet people and make friends, explore and learn about the world before us, and most importantly, learn about myself in the process.

While shy, I am naturally social and very curious. Meeting people has never been too difficult, and finding places to do so, even less so. I even managed to meet a few kind souls who were willing to bear the brunt of my (at times, somewhat personal) questions. In the short time I have been posing those questions however, I have somehow managed to only add to the pile.

There seems to be as many expressions of servitude, as there are flavors of ice cream; and as fate would have it, it looks as though I may be decidedly, vanilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment